The 2018 AESA Annual Conference is fast approaching, and once again time to start the election process to select the leadership for the AESA Executive Board positions for the 2018-2019 membership year. Nominations are now open for the following Board positions:
- Commitment: 3 Years (One year as President-Elect, one year as President and one year as Immediate Past President).
- Perform the duties of the President in his/her absence or disability;
- Key legislative liaison for all matters relating to emergency services, and the mission and vision of the Association.
- Commitment: 2 Years, elected in even years.
- Maintain records of the proceedings of all meetings;
- Prepare and distribute an agenda prior to each meeting;
- Keep on file all board reports and meeting minutes;
- Verify ballot, and record and keep voting tallies.
- Commitment: 2 Years, elected in even years
- Prepare an official membership roster of the Association members;
- Lead outreach efforts for the conference vendors and sponsors;
- Promote membership drives.
Public Affairs Chair (Currently Vacant)
- Commitment: 2-years
- Serves as the Chair of the Public Relations Committee;
- Recruit and directly supervise technically proficient members to aid in modifying and maintaining the website and social media resources.
Member-at-Large (One Position)
- Commitment: 2 years (There are two Member-at-Large positions. Each will be elected in alternating years to provide continuity to the Board)
- Duties: Provide support and guidance to the Executive Board by serving on various committees as directed by the President.
Members can nominate any current member or self-nominate themselves for any position open for election this year. If nominating another member, the member must be willing to accept the nomination. To self-nominate or nominate another member, please send nominations to Brent Olson (Bolson@Scottsdaleaz.gov), Elections Chair no later than 5 p.m. Friday August 17, 2018. The election will be held during the conference on August 22, 2018.For an association to be successful, it’s important for membership to be engaged. Serving as an Executive Board member is one opportunity to help AESA continue to be successful in advancing Emergency Management in Arizona.
Thank you for being part of AESA!